Today, though, advertisers have an over-abundance of marketing options both over-the-air and online. But every week, according to Nielsen, 1.5 million adults listen to a Las Vegas radio station, giving the 101-year-old medium, by far, the biggest reach amongst local consumers.
A new report released last week by Nielsen underscores AM/FM radio's durable reach among all media.
As far as the ears are concerned, Nielsen points out that "AM/FM radio is the center of the audio universe" reaching nearly twice as many adults as streaming options.
The dominance of radio's reach among other audio media options is true regardless of the listener's age.
Not all listening to Las Vegas radio happens on car radios, table-top radios, or boom boxes. Instead, local consumers also use their smartphones, computers, and tablets as a way to connect to their favorite local stations.Neilsen finds that 26.3% of all consumers who listen to a Las Vegas radio station over the air will, at some point during the month, also connect to a local station via the internet. As a matter of fact, during a typical hour, Nielsen data suggests that 3.8% of a station's total audience is listening on a device other than a traditional receiver.
More Advertising Advice For Las Vegas Small Business Owners
- Advertise In Las Vegas: Online Listening Boosts Audience For AM/FM
- Smart Speaker Usage in Las Vegas: A Conversation With Alexa
- Advertising On Las Vegas TV: Where Have The Viewers Gone?
- Advertising On Las Vegas Radio Still #1 Way to Reach Consumers
- Father's Day 2022: Las Vegas Consumers Will Spend $139 Million
- Television Advertising In Las Vegas: What Are Consumers Watching?
- Las Vegas Radio Listeners Lead The Return To 'Normal'