Based on data from the National Retail Federation, more than 1.3 million Las Vegas area consumers are likely to shop beginning on Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday.
“The tradition of Thanksgiving weekend holiday shopping has become a five-day event with consumers spending money in stores, supporting local small businesses, and online with their mobile devices and computers,” NRF President and CEO Matthew Shay said. “Even as people are starting to purchase gifts earlier in the season, consumers still enjoy finding good Thanksgiving deals and passing time shopping with family and friends over the long holiday weekend.”
Based on the NRF findings, here are the number of shoppers local business owners can expect on each of these five days:
So, what about the Las Vegas consumers who say they are planning to abstain from shopping during these five days? Is there any way they can be lured-in? Fifty-three percent of the holdouts say, YES!
According to the NRF, passive shoppers can be convinced to spend during these five days for the 'right reasons'. The top four right reasons are
- A sale or discount on items they want (26%)
- If a family member invites them to shop (12%)
- If they could be sure the items they want are available (11%)
- A free shipping offer (11%)
If a local small business can fulfill one or more of these reasons, then reluctant shoppers will appear. But, only if consumers are aware.
To spread the word quickly to as many potential shoppers as possible requires advertising. And no other medium will reach more adult consumers between now and Thanksgiving than advertising on Las Vegas radio.
During the course of a week, according to Nielsen, 1,502,898 adult consumers are reached by Las Vegas radio. This is significantly more than are reached by local TV, newspapers, social media sites like Facebook and Instagram, or streaming audio sites like Pandora or Spotify.
Most importantly, Las Vegas radio reaches consumers whose shopping behaviors indicate a pre-disposal to buy from local merchants.
During the holiday season, Las Vegas shoppers are expected to spend $5-billion. Capturing a larger share of this pool of Christmas cash can propel a local small business owner from loss to profit for the year. Investing in commercials on local radio is the best way to ensure positive results.
More Advice For Las Vegas Small Business Business Owners
- Why Fitness Clubs and Gyms In Las Vegas Must Advertise Now
- What Is The Best Way To Reach Las Vegas Consumers?
- Why Tax Preparation Professionals In Las Vegas Must Advertise
- Does Advertising On Las Vegas Radio Work For Small Business Owners?
- Where Will Las Vegas Consumers Do Their Holiday Shopping This Year?
- Marketing To Las Vegas Pet Owners: A Guide For Small Business Owners