Work routines, buying habits, family life, and media consumption have all been palpably affected. These are all factors that need to be considered by small business owners who continue to advertise their goods and services during the crisis.
Before the current chaos, advertising on Las Vegas radio, by any metric, was the best way a local small business could advertise.
For instance, pre-Coronavirus, 1.5 million adult consumers tuned-in to a Las Vegas radio station every week. This is significantly more than watched local TV, read a newspaper, accessed social media, or streamed audio from sites like Pandora and Spotify.
New research released from Nielsen indicates that amidst the current crisis, listening to local radio remains little changed. This is great news for those Nevada small business owners who are depending on advertising for their long-term survival.
Local radio, traditionally, has the largest share of its listening happen away-from-home. This includes in-office or in-car.
During the crisis, however, as consumers are sheltering-in-place, at-home listening has gained a more significant share.
Local radio has not only retained its audience during the current Coronavirus crisis, but consumers are also spending significantly more time each day listening.
Since the onset of the Coronavirus crises, the medium consumers are choosing to access local radio is shifting.
During the fourth week of March, consumers are now 45% more likely to listen to local radio via audio streams than on a traditional device.
Beginning in 1940, when Keno became the first station in Las Vegas, small business owners have depended on local radio to market their goods and services through recessions, depressions, and natural disasters. Research indicates that AM/FM radio is still doing the job during the current crisis, as well.
More Advertising Advice For Las Vegas Small Business Owners
- Las Vegas Small Business Advice: Marketing During The Corona Crisis
- Crisis Marketing: What Las Vegas Small Business Owners Should Know
- Las Vegas Radio: Who's Listening During The Coronavirus Crisis
- Coronavirus: Advertising In Las Vegas For Small Business Survival
- Keeping Your Las Vegas Small Business Healthy During The Corona Crisis
- Does Social Media Work For Las Vegas Retailers?
- Why Las Vegas Mortgage Lenders And Brokers Need To Advertise Now
- Small Business Advertising In Las Vegas: Target The Spenders